Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Dingle What?

I walk into the kitchen at work.  A colleague is already there making coffee.  We have one of those Keurig single serve coffee makers.



He says, “You won’t believe what I just did!”

I say, “What?”

“I made a cup of coffee and forgot to put the cup underneath it.  Coffee spilled everywhere.”

I laugh.

He follows it up with, “I am such a dingle berry.”

“Excuse me.”

He repeats, “A dingle berry.”

Yep!  Thought I heard him right the first time, but asked again to clarify.  Not only did he use the term dingle berry, but he used it referring to himself!  I am almost 100% positive that he meant to say, “dingbat.”  The look on his face when he said it the second time made me realize he knew something was not quite right with what he had said, but he couldn’t put his finger on it.  It was too uncomfortable to correct him, so we both finished making our coffee without another word.  I hope he didn't go google it from his work computer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment