Monday, August 8, 2011

Red Heads

Sticking my foot in my mouth is one of my favorite past times.  Not really, but it happens WAY too often.

I am at a wedding that is basically a 5-year reunion for all of my college friends...some I see often, some not so often.  Well, one of the "not so oftens" and I are talking.  (Disclaimer:  I am about three drinks in and have a pretty good buzz kicking).  My memory completely fails me.  All I can remember about her from college is that she has red hair and her, then, boyfriend has red hair.  What decide to come flying out of my mouth?  "How is your fire-crotch boyfriend?"  SERIOUSLY!  I felt like Lindsay Lohan on Mean Girls experiencing a horrible case of word vomit. 



Let me tell you...This is not some inside joke between us,. I have never mentioned anything to her about her or her boyfriend's fire crotch before.  My comment is 100% completely random.   She is not the least bit entertained.  "Um, he's fine" and walks off.  I don't blame her.  I crawled into my hole the rest of the night. Not really, I am so used to the regretful feeling after such encounters, I have learned how to quickly recover and be the first one on the dance floor.

Chalk that up to another person fallen victim to my word vomit.

No comments:

Post a Comment